Access to Borealis device?

How to access Borealis device in https://pennylane.xanadu.ai/?
I get: HTTPError: No device with the given target (borealis) exists.

Hi @_risto unfortunately Borealis has now been retired and is no longer available on the Cloud. You can still access the information to learn how it used to work but the device itself is no longer available.

Dear @CatalinaAlbornoz
Thank you for the info. Is there anything else, which I can use instead of it? Some other real physical device or a photonic quantum computer?

Hi @_risto,

If you already have access to Xanadu Cloud you can use our X8 device. However this is a small device so I would only recommend using it if you’re interested in photonics research specifically. If this is the case you can learn how to use it here.

Hi @CatalinaAlbornoz

Why is Borealis not available anymore? Is there something else which replaced it? If yes, how can I access it?

Hi @_risto,

The next phase in our mission to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere requires the team’s dedicated focus on an upcoming project. We’re in the process of building it so it’s not accessible at the moment.

The Xanadu Hardware team is fully focused on developing our next generation of photonic hardware. If you want to learn more about the new quantum computers that we are building, check out our video on ‘How to Build a Quantum Computer with One Million Qubits’ or our demo on ‘Measurement-Based Quantum Computation’.

In the meantime I encourage you to use PennyLane to run your circuits on simulators, or hardware from other providers.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

1 Like