Very beginner question

Hello and thank you for hosting a forum for questions.
This is hopefully a very easy question to answer and as I get my feet wet, hopefully things become more obvious to me.

My question is in regards to running the Amazon Braket example titled " Borealis Quickstart" from this link: amazon-braket-examples/Borealis_quickstart.ipynb at main · aws/amazon-braket-examples · GitHub and this code base seems exactly the same as the example in the notebook in the hosted site in the xanadu cloud, when executing from xanady cloud this executes as expected, when attempting it from a AWS hosted notebook it errors with the following returned message “The requested squeezing values are not allowed. This indicates that you might be using an outdated device certificate to compile your job.”
I am hoping someone helpful can lend some insight on what I may be doing wrong.

Thank you very much for sharing your community.

Hi @chuck_l,

Welcome to our community! Sorry we took a bit long to respond.

It is indeed possible that Braket is using an outdated certificate although this seems strange.
Could you please post the output of device.certificate["squeezing_parameters_mean"] the next time you run this?

I hope we can figure out the issue next week when Borealis is online.
And thank you for your question!

Thank you for the reply, the out response is:
{‘low’: 0.715, ‘high’: 1.186, ‘medium’: 0.999}

@CatalinaAlbornoz just wanted to happily report that whatever was the issue with Braket and executing this beginner program on borealis is now resolved, I get the same results as if I was executing this from Xanadu cloud.
Thank you for you concern.

Thank you for reporting this @chuck_l!

I’m glad it got resolved now :smiley:

Please let us know in case you experience any further unexpected behaviour.

Hello Charles, thanks for reaching out. The error you are encountering is related to calibration data being outdated by the time the device becomes available on Amazon Braket. We are working to resolve the issue. As a work-around, you may submit tasks during the device’s availability hours (weekdays, 15:00 - 17:00 UTC) to avoid the issue. Please let us know if you have any questions.

@AWS_KshitijC,
Exactly what I discovered, I appreciate the reply, and yes results were as expected when tasks were submitted during up times for hardware.
Thank you for the information and the update.

1 Like