Restore Cached data

I shut down my laptop and all the progress is gone on the codebook. I would like to know if there’s any way I can restore the cached data for the codebook on google chrome. I searched for this but could not find anything concrete. Also, I am not sure if I clear the cached data as I have been using the codebook for over a month, so even when I shut down my system, the progress is always stored.

Hi @Jessica_John_Britto, welcome to the Forum.

I’m very sorry and surprised to hear that your progress is gone :cry:

Currently your progress is stored in cache so if you erase the cache you erase the progress. I don’t know why shutting down your laptop would erase your cache, but this is my guess about what happened.

This is the first time I have heard of this happening so thank you for letting us know of this issue. I will discuss this with other members of the team to see if we can find a solution.

We are planning to add a ‘login’ functionality to the codebook so that this doesn’t happen in the future, even if you clear your cache. It will be some time before we implement it though so I will look for a temporary solution in the meantime.

Hi @Jessica_John_Britto,

If you open the Console and check the Application tab, you can see if your progress is still stored in Local Storage. It may have been corrupted if it’s still there. If it’s not there then it’s been wiped. I’m not sure if it can be recovered in case it’s still there though.

Please let me know if you manage to recover it or not!