Pennylane-qiskit converter error

Hi guys,

I’m working through the Pennylane tutorials and have encountered an error with the pennylane-qiskit plugin.

Code inputted:
from qiskit import QuantumCircuit
from qiskit.circuit import Parameter
import numpy as np

qc = QuantumCircuit(2)
qc.rz(0.543, [0])
qc.cx(0, 1)
my_circuit = qml.from_qiskit(qc)

@qml.qnode(dev)
def circuit(x):
qml.RX(x, wires=1)
my_circuit(wires=(1, 0))
return qml.expval(qml.PauliZ(0))

Error message:
Converter does not exist. Make sure the required plugin is installed and supports conversion.

I am unsure why I am getting this error, I have made sure my pennylane, pennylane-qiskit, and python versions are up to date.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Hi @JoeGibbs. Could you please run the following code in a new file/notebook and send us the full error report, if you still get one? Also, could you please send us the versions of your python, pennylane and qiskit?

import pennylane as qml
from qiskit import QuantumCircuit

qc = QuantumCircuit(2)
qc.rz(0.543, [0])
qc.cx(0, 1)
my_circuit = qml.from_qiskit(qc)

Hi @sjahangiri thanks for the response,

It turned out to be an issue with my qiskit installation which I have since resolved :slight_smile:

Hi @JoeGibbs. Great to hear that the issue is resolved. Enjoy using pennylane!

I’m trying to run your example code with qml.from_qiskit. But I’m facing the problem with Error message :
Converter does not exist. Make sure the required plugin is installed and supports conversion.
I am unsure why I am getting this error, I have made sure my pennylane, pennylane-qiskit, qiskit, and python versions are up to date.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

Hi @Minh-Thang_Nguyen, I’m not being able to reproduce your error. I’m using the latest pennylane, pennylane-qiskit, and qiskit versions, and Python 3.9.

I would suggest creating a new virtual environment and seeing if you get the same error. Your problem may be due to some installation issue.

Please let me know if this solves your problem!

Thanks for your recommendation. But I’m coding in Google Colab, it’ll conflict with other libs if I change the Python’s version. I’ll try to connect to a local runtime and see it possible. Anw, thank you so much.

Oh I see. Let us know if the local runtime option works for you.