Can't generate API token

I tried to create an API token multiple times by going to cloud.xanadu.ai > Keys, but when I click on “Generate a key” a message “Failed to generate a new API key.” appears.
At first, I thought I could be using a wrong password, therefore, I reset my password, and it didn’t work.

Has anyone gone through this?

Hi @Hector_Menezes, welcome to the forum!

When you get to the pop-up screen with the “Generate Key” button be sure to re-enter your password, even if it’s pre-filled re-enter it again.

This worked for me.

Please let me know if it works for you too!

It unfortunately didn’t work. The “Failed to generate a new API key.” appears in a red box after clicking.

I apparently also have to change my password every time I log in, the 2FA won’t work a second time. I’ve already tried both Google Authenticator and FreeOTP, and it seems to me Xanadu’s platform hates me haha

Hi @Hector_Menezes, this is definitely very strange. Do you get the same behaviour on different browsers?

Hi @Hector_Menezes, we don’t have 2FA so maybe that’s the problem. You just need one password to enter cloud.xanadu.ai and enter the same password when you’re prompted for it when trying to generate a key.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Yes, the same happens on both Google Chrome and Brave.

Wait, how don’t you have 2FA? I do need to enter a code from Google Authenticator (first 2) or FreeOTP (last 2) after typing my password. It doesn’t work, so I have to reset my password in order to log in.

xanadu01

It may be related, but my problem is still unsolved :frowning_face:

Hi @Hector_Menezes, you should have received a reset email with a link to click. Please check your spam folder too just in case it landed there.

@Hector_Menezes, I will need to send you a private message with some code to try too. Could you please join the Xanadu Slack and send me a private message?

Please let me know if you have any trouble joining the Slack.

Just signed up for Xanadu, having the same problem:

Hi @Jack_W, welcome to the forum!

When you get to the pop-up screen with the “Generate Key” button be sure to re-enter your password, even if it’s pre-filled re-enter it again.

Does this work for you?

@CatalinaAlbornoz that helped me figure it out.
The confusion was that I log into https://platform.strawberryfields.ai but the API key is generated on https://cloud.xanadu.ai which confused my browser … I may have had an old password for the latter URL. So when I used my strawberryfields.ai password for the key on cloud.xanadu.ai, it worked. Thank you.

I’m glad it works now @Jack_W!

1 Like